We cannot imagine how people live today without the Internet. The Internet has become the complete bridge from our daily lives to the rest of the world. From business to private issues, all the information required is easily accessible online. The only way to have Internet access at home is to use a router.
In days of gaming, surfing, broadcasting, and more, the wireless router is the most important technology in your home. Make sure you choose the right one. The article contains all you need to know to buy a wireless router as well as a list of Best Wireless Router
There are two types of Internet routers: wired and wireless.
When you register for a new broadband contract, your ISP will provide you with a wireless model instead of a cable modem. In fact, the cable is out of date and is usually used only by people who want to connect over an Ethernet cable.
Why You Should Need the best wireless router for home
The Internet is an indispensable requirement in the world today because it revolves around the world of the Internet. With a wireless router, you can not only share your share of the Internet, but you can do all your work at any time where the Internet is always available.
Instead of worrying about connectivity, you can use a wireless router and connect the Internet with phones, computers, tablets, and laptops. You can connect multiple devices with a single connection. Although this will affect the speed of the Internet, bandwidth is broken. Also,
- The wireless router has a different IP address for each device connected to the Internet itself so that any device can connect to the Internet easily. The wireless router can also provide an Internet connection called a WLAN. Laptops, phones and other devices that support WiFi can access the Internet.
- The main benefit of these solutions is that they make our lives much more accessible by reducing the need for cables.
- Wireless technology. It uses wireless technology, radio waves technology with many advantages.
- Portability enhances high mobility. With their help, you can continue your work by moving everywhere.
- Multiple Connections. WLAN routers provide several connections, unlike cable connections. You can connect multiple devices with their IP address to the router.
Router Comparison: Comparison of The Top 5 Best WiFi Routers
While some might choose to go with routers with the best range, others might just be interested in the best wireless routers for streaming 4k ultra HD. Whichever the case might be, this wireless router comparison table will help you compare wifi routers based on their functionality.
List of 5 Best Wireless Router for Home
1. NETGEAR Nighthawk (R6900P) – AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
The router covers speed of up to 1300 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band and 600 Mbps in the 5 GHz band. It has MU-MIMO technology for families with many devices that are trying to access the same WiFi network. The dual-core QoS dual priority processor can prioritize network traffic, and security features prevent denial of service attacks.
Advanced Internet threat protection for your home and all your devices. Virus and Ransomware protect your network effectively from cyber threats such as viruses, hackers, spyware, malware, spam, etc. by blocking known applications and malicious sites.
2. NETGEAR Nighthawk (R7000) – AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
The R7000 has everything in the previous R6300, but according to the hardware, the R7000 is impressive. This model is a native dual-band router that supports all Wi-Fi clients in the market, regardless of Wi-Fi standards, and speeds up to 1.3 GPPS Wi-Fi in the range of 5 GHz, which works with 802.11ac users.
However, it is something the R6300 also offers. However, the R7000 seems to provide wireless speeds of up to 600 Mbps at 2.5 GHz instead of the previous 450 Mbps.
It uses the new BROADCOM BCM4709 Wi-Fi chip with patented TurboQAM technology.
Using this chip, it is possible to provide 200 Mbps instead of 150 Mbps for each 2.4 GHz space stream.
The BROADCOM BCM4709 WLAN offers additional 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connectivity with a new Wi-Fi network. -FI. Fi 5 GHz, but for WLAN customers must be compatible with TurboQAM.
3. Securifi Almond – (3 Minute Setup) Touchscreen Wireless Router
Securifi specializes in creating multifaceted routers that are easy to use and configure. The company wants to have its products in the heart of users’ smart home, as it shows from the touch screen, Securifi Almond. The unique router is ideal for small families, performs simple review tasks, and shares simple files.
However, the technology remains limited to 802.11bgn 2.4 GHz with three 10/100 Ethernet ports.
Almond is an extension of Wi-Fi as well as a network access point, a wireless bridge, and a standard router.
It does not provide a long distance, so it is ideal for a medium-sized house with dead areas. Along with ease of use and versatility, it’s a great Wi-Fi boost for your home.
4.TP-Link N300 (TL-WR841N) 5dBi High Power Antennas
The TP-Link N300 is a dual-band wall-mounted device that offers up to 300 Mbps performance. It is wider than D-Link DAP-1320: TP-Link 3.0 x 4.3 x 2.6 inches (HWD).
It has two screws to fit handle and an excellent round valve in front. Depending on the region of the circuit that is working or flashing, the screen will indicate whether the device is expanding the network and the strength of the wireless signal.
5. Linksys WRT AC3200 Dual-Band Open Source Router for Home
The WRT3200AC is equipped with four detachable outdoor antennas and a range of Internet front panel status indicators, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz , LAN, WPS, USB and eSATA ports.
The back panel features four LAN Gigabit ports, WAN port, USB 3.0 port, USB combo / eSATA port, Power, Reset and WPS buttons. The WRT3200ACM, powered by a 1.8 GHz dual-core processor, uses the latest 802.11ac circuits that support MU-MIMO and Tri-Stream 160 MHz.
It is an AC3200 router that can achieve data rates (theoretical) up to 600 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz and 2600 Mbps in the 5 GHz band. It also features the Tri-Stream 160, which effectively doubles the 80 MHz bandwidth in the 5 GHz band for higher bit rates.
How to Choose the best wireless router for home
Due to its essential role in the connected home, choosing an appropriate router is more important than ever. Here is how to choose the best wireless router
Select the area that needs to be covered
Living in a big house may be a problem when it comes to providing a Wi-Fi network for all devices, especially if you are using a 5 GHz band.
For small apartments or homes, use one router with a variety of antennas. Sure, you will do the job, and do not hurt the experience of expensive things before buying. Reading reviews is a great way to learn how far your router is. It is also possible to control the Wi-Fi extensions that collect the signal from the router and redirect it to another area in the home.
Each router has a different speed: 300 Mbps, 900 Mbps, or 1900 Mbps. This value indicates the rate that can be achieved under ideal laboratory conditions. If it is assigned to a medium-speed router under ideal conditions, consider this. In addition,
the Internet speed is determined by the speed of the router, so the Internet service provider has nothing to do with Internet speed. In fact, router speed is more related to improving internal network performance when transferring music, videos, file sharing, and so on.You can try to check the performance of your current connection using a best internet speed test.
Calculate the number of devices to be connected
If you live alone and have some devices that can be connected at the same time (controller, phone, laptop and TV), you do not have to worry about loading on your router. When the hardware stops connecting, the more connections, the slower the speed.
Consider the following factors before purchasing the Best Wireless Router For Home
1. AC naming convention shall not be considered. But, Do not go under the AC1200!
Do not buy the router under AC1200. If you see a router that has an AC750 or AC900 or anything less than the AC1200, you’re dealing with an old router with outdated technology, and you should not buy it. This router is not a good choice for a modern smart home that requires speed, security and stability for a growing number of connected devices.
2. Your wireless router should be dual-band or more
You must purchase a wireless router with at least dual-band. This means that the router is transmitting the radio signal at two frequencies (if it is a double band) or more (if three or more). As a result, you’ll see two or more wireless networks in your home or office with different names and passwords if you wish.
Dual-band or tri-band routers are also emitted from their 5 GHz radio signal, much faster than modern standards such as 802.11ac or 802.11ac Wave 2 (improved version of the first 802.11 ac). If you want a modern smart home with a wireless network to transfer full-resolution or 4K, you need a dual-band or tri-band radio router.
3. Support MU-MIMO or 802.11ac Wave 2 is an essential
MU-MIMO, Multi-User Multi-Input Multiple Outputs or Multi-User MIMO are the ability to transfer multiple wireless clients simultaneously or transfer data to a network client while using multiple streams. This option ensures that the router provides faster access to Wi-Fi to existing devices and allows multiple clients to manage Wi-Fi simultaneously. Choosing a wireless router with MU-MIMO is one of the best options.
4. Fast processor and lots of RAM.
When purchasing a wireless router, the processor must have at least single-core running at 800 MHz or less than 128MB of RAM.
So you can modify everything as quickly as possible. If money is not important, look for a Wi-Fi router with 256 MB or more of RAM.
5. USB (if possible USB 3.0)
There must be at least one USB port in modern homes. We need to connect all kinds of USB devices to our wireless router: external hard drives, printers, USB modems, and so on. The router that you just purchased must have at least one USB port, preferably a USB 3.0 port.
Top Features of a best wireless router for home
For us, the main feature of the router is a feature that benefits everyone, regardless of your identity and why you use the Internet. Here is a list of Top Features of a best wireless router for home
- Dual-band: The dual-band router can transmit data at two frequencies: 2.4 GHz (iV) and 5.0 GHz (newer). The 2.4 GHz band is compatible with older, longer-range devices and consumes less power, but is slower and prone to wireless jamming. Not all devices support a 5.0 GHz range and have a shorter range, but they are faster and more reliable.
- 11ac: This is the latest standard WiFi network (compared to 802.11n, 802.11g and 802.11b), which offers faster Wi-Fi speed and more compatible versions and WiFi above. This means that the 802.11ac router works well with older devices that are not compatible with 802.11ac.
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP): UPnP allows devices connected to the same router to meet network-related causes. For example, two computers can print files or a computer using a wireless printer. Although this seems comfortable, UPnP represents a security risk and should not be used.
- MU-MIMO: The router without MU-MIMO can have bottlenecks because it needs to connect the data to connected devices one by one (as a distributor that distributes the cards on the table). With MU-MIMO, the router can deliver connected devices simultaneously, thus improving the data transfer rate.
- Quality of Service: Sometimes called bandwidth control, QoS is a function that allows the router (for example, a computer) or certain types of traffic (for example, giving priority to specific devices, streaming). Netflix) on other Internet traffic. This is useful when a person monopolizes the network bandwidth.
- Gigabit Ethernet ports: For maximum performance, change Wi-Fi Ethernet. But you do not have a router with fast Ethernet ports of up to 100 Mbps. Select Gigabit Ethernet ports that support speeds up to 1000 Mbps.
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) WPS allows you to connect devices to a router without entering a password. WPS activation in the router and smart devices becomes a wireless connection. But WPS is not safe, so you should never use it.
How to Use the best wireless router for home
Here are brief steps on How to Use the best wireless router for home:
After you purchase a router, you need to connect and be online. If your ISP(Internet Service Provider) provides you with a modem after activating the Internet service, it should be straightforward. Follow these steps:
- Turn off the modem,
- Disconnect the Ethernet cables from the computer modem
- Connect this cable to the WAN or Internet port of the new router,
- Turn off the modem (wait a minute or two)
- Then activate the router (wait a minute or two)
- Connect another Ethernet cable to connect your LAN port of router to your laptop.
- Turn on your computer.
Once your ISP provides the router in bridge mode, just follow the steps above to put the new router on the Internet.
Once this information is received, access to the management console becomes easy.
- Start the browser. Regardless of who you use.
- Enter the IP address of the router that is similar to 192.168.0.1 in the browser address bar and press Enter.
- The login screen of the router prompts for the user’s default username and password. To enter these credentials and press after deployment, you should take a look at the administrative console.
- When finished, change your password and update the firmware.
Activate your WiFi:
After you configure your network correctly, you can continue to configure your wireless network. Be sure to use a networked computer using an Ethernet cable.
If you try to set up Wi-Fi over a wireless connection, the connection to the administrative console is lost each time the configuration changes.
As all IT experts will tell you, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are dozens of additional features in the Budget friendly router that can make your network more secure and productive.
Tips for choosing a wireless router: Make your search simple and straightforward.
It is essential not to rely solely on advertising or marketing materials when purchasing network devices. Each environment is different. Read reviews, review test results, and consult various sources. First, take a look at our best