One of the most important pieces of commercial transportation is driver compliance. The Department of Transportation (DOT) has rules that commercial drivers must follow. Some important information that is included in their rules and regulations are:
- Who is eligible to drive
- When drivers are allowed to drive
- Limits on driving
- Locations they are allowed to drive
- What types of vehicles they are allowed to drive
Safety is the goal of these regulations. Following the DOT rules and regulations is coined as “compliance”. Depending on how an individual company structures itself, it can be a challenge for businesses to follow DOT compliance information in an efficient manner. This is where Driver Recruiting Software can help a company like this out.
The Strength of Driver Compliance Software: Advances and Improvements
With the correct driver recruiting software, it allows companies to comply faster and more efficient with the various new rules and regulations of DOT compliance information. Some of the more recent advances in driver compliance software include:
- Automation : It is possible for companies to automate many of the files surrounding driver qualification. Some of the processes that can be automated include applications, new hire paperwork, and release forms that can be stored automatically for every driver without anyone having to touch them.
- Document Review : One of the most challenging aspects of keeping with DOT compliance information is tracking rolling expiration dates. Driver compliance software can be used to remind drivers about CDL expiration dates by sending helpful text message reminders about upcoming deadlines.
- Accident Photos : This same software can be used to expedite photos of accident scenes to the proper recipient when required.
- Prioritize Reporting : Many software programs have dashboards that can highlight drivers who might be out of compliance, records that could be missing, and even upcoming expiration dates. This makes it easy to prioritize everything on the to-do list in an efficient manner. Furthermore, there are advanced reporting features that allow users to sort various pieces of information, helping to streamline this process.
The Benefits of Having an Advanced DOT Compliance Software
There are numerous benefits that come from using some form of advanced software, including:
- Software can be configured to fit most sets of compliance rules from the DOT
- Hierarchical-like settings sort by location, permitting companies to organize employees by region or area
- Flexible permissions can help create specified folders and records for easier management
- Save a recruiting team or company a volume of time on compliance, human resources (HR), new hire paperwork processing, and applications
There are many ways, even beyond this, that recruiting teams and companies can benefit from having advanced driver recruiting software.
Learn More About DOT Compliance Applications
These are only a few of the items that surround advanced driver software that help companies save time and money with DOT compliance information and implementation. Even though it might be a lot of work to comply with these regulations, they are here to keep everyone on the road safe.