What can be your worst nightmare ever? Losing all the company’s important files? Well, nothing can be as bad as that. This tells about how much of an important is backing up of files. And yet we forget to do this work right?
Quickbooks 2012 release comes up with an amazing feature of QuickBooks file recovery. To get along with this work for you. Restoring data is easier with this feature of the application that even if the smallest of the smallest companies forget to backup their files, then auto-recovery of these deleted or lost files in the computer are automatically copied for you to access any time without having to fuss over.
Easeus Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition is data recovery software, even if you’ve emptied the Recycling Bin or deleted them directly (and provided they haven’t been securely deleted with multiple passes). It can recover deleted files from your hard drive, USB drives, memory cards, and other storage devices. It’s compatible with dynamic disks and all Windows file systems, from FAT to NTFS and EXT, and it can skip bad sectors automatically for quicker scanning
What is Data Recovery?
Unexpected failures in the operating system, logical errors with the storage or be it hardware issues. Restoring your files from the storage device is what Data Recovery does.
Basically, “ Restoration of the data in the desktop from a backup”.
Wondering how it does your work?
Any file and every file opened in Quickbooks undergo diagnosis from an hour of the files being opened.
Once the copy of the file is set up, it gets auto-updated on the transaction log.
The astonishing part is, after every 12 hours of the first copy, the second copy of the files start getting updated if and only if the application is open in the system.
Now, what if Auto Data Recovery doesn’t help you with the corrupted files? Quickbooks file recovery tool can fix and retain the file for you.
Let’s go through how to access your recovered files in Quickbooks!
It lets you recover;
- The recently lost transactions.
- A few hours of transactions.
And the way to get them back is simple and that’s using a copy of the company file and the transaction log file.
Let’s see how to recover them…
Recovering the recently lost transactions is no longer an impossible task to do.
You need to follow the simple below steps to access the Auto Recovery Data;
- The first step is to create a new folder on your desktop. Let’s say, QBTest is the folder name.
- Once this is done, open the folder where the company file is located.
- Now, you need to open the file explorer to unhide the file extensions.
- To do that hit windows + E and enter on the keyboard. This opens up a file explorer for you.
- Go to view option on the top left-hand side.
- Under show/hide options click on “Options”.
- A small popup appears on the screen named “Folder options”.
- Click on “View”. Now, under “Hidden files and folders, select “Show hidden files”.
- The above options successfully unhide the hidden extensions.
- Now, the Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery folder needs to be open.
- Here we find the need to check files of two types with (.qbw.adr) & (.qbw.adr.old) extensions.
- .adr is an extension for data in a period of 12 hours and .adr.old is an extension for data in a period of 24 hours.
- The files with those extensions need to be copied to the QBTest folder we initially created.
- Once these files are copied in that, it needs to be renamed without the .adr extension.
- Finally, this gives the Auto Data Recovered back into the computer.