Whether you are looking for new blood to join your existing team of developers or opting to hire an outsourcing crew, you are most likely to face some challenges.
What Is Node JS & How to Use It
Benefits of using NodeJS:
- It can be used for frontend and backend development
- Node JS is very lightweight due to the single thread environment and event-driven architecture.
- Node JS implies IDEs, such as Visual Studio and Eclipse.
- It is supported by a document-based model of database (such as JSON).
- It promotes simple code editors like Sublime Text and Notepad++.
- It has the largest ecosystem of open-source libraries in the world Npm JS (package).
- It supports flexible hostings, including cloud-based and web servers.
Hiring Node JS Developers
You may not find the right Node JS programmer for hire in your local community with all the tech expertise required. That’s why most companies prefer to outsource or look elsewhere online. To make hiring a Node.js pro easier and smoother, we’ve outlined a few essentials for you to consider before you even start looking.
- Define the scope of the project and the level of Node.js coders you need, junior, middle, or senior. Defining your needs can help you create a list or requirements that can help narrow your search to only developers who have the set of skills you want.
- Make a list of the main Node JS interview questions that you are going to ask your candidates. Some of the questions you should ask include what is Node.js? Why do we need to use Node.js? What is the difference between front-end and back-end development? What is the meaning of single-threading?
- Determine whether you want to hire an in-house team, freelancers, or a development consulting agency. All these options have their own pros and cons, so you should understand them before you settle on one. However, the best option is hiring a development consulting agency. Even though it’s more expensive in the initial stage, but there is a guarantee that the agency will build a high-quality application that’s very effective.
- Expertise matters, check the candidate’s previous projects.
- Remember to ask about Databases and cloud infrastructure.
- Pay attention to communication manners. It is one of the essential soft skills for remote outsourcers.
After you’re done with interviewing candidates or outsourcing companies, outline the pricing and contract details. It may seem to be the part of the routine but eventually will add up more clarity to your future cooperation.
Remember that hiring a node.js developer is not as easy as it seems. Before you hire the developer, it’s always good to double-check their skills, define your needs, and find out if the rates the developer are charging are affordable for you. Hiring a developer is a significant decision and that’s why you must ensure that you select the right one.