How to fix HP Printer Offline Problem
Hp Printer is Offline is a very common problem. There could be multiple reasons in windows for that. There are 7 best working methods to bring HP printer offline to online.
1. Reboot the Printer Pool Services
- Cancel all print jobs available in the queue.
- Now open the run box and type services.msc command.
- Scroll Down and click on print spooler.
- On the top left side, you will get a button, you need to click on restart.
- This will restart the printer setting and brings the Hp printer online.
2. Call HP Printer Support
Generally, People go through the hp printer says offline problem due to the network communication problem. So, First, you should check the network status. Be sure your printer is installed within the network area.
If the problem is still there, call HP printer expert at toll-free- 1800-301-8767.
3. Solve Connection Issue
You should always start troubleshooting the printer connection by checking the connection between printer and computer.
- If you are using your hp printer as a local printer. You should disconnect the USB cable from your pc and then reconnect it. Let’s see it does detect the connection or not.
- If you are using a network printer. You should disconnect the printer from the wifi and reconnect it again.
- Be sure, your printer and computer should be connected through the same networks. mostly, people face hp printer is an offline problem due to the different network connection issue.
4. Power Cycle Your HP Printer
- Check the printer power light status. If it is showing Orange or yellow. it means, your printer is in the sleep mode. In this case, you have to press the power or home button to wake up your printer.
- Disconnect the power cord from your printer and shut down your computer as well. Now, wait for one minute, and then Power on your printer first.
- Now turn on your computer and then make a test print. let’s see if it is printing or still giving you the offline error.
5. Try Diagnostic Software
The best one is the SCAN DOCTOR. It will detect the problems for you. Once you will determine the error code. You should click on fix it automatically. It will go forward and try to fix the problem for you.
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
- If your printer is not listed, turn it on and click Retry. (It will bring the offline printer to online)
- If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in the tool.
- Click on Fix Printer
- If the printer continues to go offline, continue to the next step.
6. Set up the Printer as a Default Printer (Best Method)
As mentioned on HP Website Setup your printer as a default printer. To do that, you need to follow the given steps.
- Open Control Panel and search for Windows for devices, and then click Printers & scanners.
From the list of printers, click the printer name that matches the name of your printer, and then clicks Manage. If there are multiple names listed, select the printer that has a status of idle or online.
Under Manage your device, click Set as default.
7. Reinstall the Printer Driver
Just uninstall the printer driver from your pc and install it once again. It will fix the problem.
- Go to program and features (control panel > program and features)
- Find your hp printer driver and click on the Uninstall button.
- Now you will get the hp-setup window. Here, you need to confirm the uninstall process and then follow the process.
- Once your printer will be uninstalled successfully. You need to reboot your computer once.
- After rebooting your pc, it’s a time to install the latest hp driver. So, download the latest driver from HP official website.
- Now run the setup to install the printer.
Once you will install the printer successfully, you will get rid of hp printer is offline problem